Yes, it’s that time again – thanks for visiting another packed round-up of links on Whitney Houston to make you gasp, groan, laugh, and cry. Some may even do all those things at the same time!
One of the most significant news items this week is Bee Gees. “Robin Gibb, the singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist who found worldwide success as a member of the Bee Gees, the group he founded with brothers Maurice and Barry, has died. He was 62 … On April 14, Gibb had been hospitalized in London after falling into a coma, but a little over a week later, he miraculously woke up” said www.spinner.com.
It’s also been creating a lot of buzz on the rest of the interwebz recently. See R.I.P. Robin Gibb (of Bee Gees) from consequenceofsound.net and Bee Gees’ Robin Gibb Passes Away from www.clashmusic.com.
Arcade Fire has been talked about pretty widely recently, which is hardly surprising considering recent events. Here are some of the blogs with spicy tales to tell.
– Watch Mick Jagger, Arcade Fire, Foo Fighters On SNL Season Finale – “Saturday Night Live host and musical guest Mick Jagger got a hand from Arcade Fire, Foo Fighters, The Jeff Beck Group and the Strokes’ Nikolai Fraiture when he performed on the show’s 37th season finale last night … ” – said stereogum.com
– Watch: Arcade Fire x Mick Jagger from www.clashmusic.com
Posts abound about Saturday Night Live. It’s been trending a lot lately.
– Watch: Kristen Wiig Bids A Musical Farewell To ‘Saturday Night Live’ – “Early last month we started to hear rumors that Saturday Night Live castmembers Kristen Wiig, Jason Sudeikis and Andy Samberg will be leaving the show at the end of this season during last night’s season finale of SNL, we got confirmation that Kristen is really leaving the show” – said www.pinkisthenewblog.com
– Watch: Mick Jagger, Arcade Fire, and Foo Fighters on Saturday Night Live – musicfeeds.com.au
And why don’t we end this week’s round-up discussing Whitney Houston.
– Jordin Sparks, John Legend & Bobbi Kristina Tribute Whitney Houston At The 2012 Billboard Music Awards – “The Billboard Awards tonight produced a few moments but none was as anticipated at the Whitney Houston tribute … ” – said necolebitchie.com
– Jordin Sparks and John Legend Pay Tribute to Whitney Houston at Billboard Music Awards – www.rap-up.com
– Watch: John Legend & Jordin Sparks Pay Tribute to Whitney Houston (BBMA) – dajaz1.com
That’s all for this week, but you should definitely stay tuned to this site for the next summary. Don’t miss it