The Net is a massive and strange place. Addicting, yes, but nevertheless filled with lots of people writing (and doing) crazy stuff. From the farthest, untouched, nether regions of the Internet I bring you another links round-up that I’m sure will make you wonder, chuckle, or scratch your bonce in disbelief. Here’s the list:
One of the most important news items this week is Lloyd Banks. “Lloyd Banks unwraps his latest mixtape V6: The Gift … The G-Unit soldier calls in guest appearances from Jadakiss, Fabolous, Vado, and ScHoolboy Q, with production by Cardiak, Doe Pesci, Beat Butcher, Automatic, The Jerm, and more” said www.rap-up.com.
A good deal has been said about Ichiro Suzuki as well and you may want to dive in to find exactly what went down and why everyone was discussing it.
– “Ben still hasn’t released any of the material from Former Lives, but he did just put out a new song called “Ichiro’s Theme” in honor of Ichiro Suzuki, who used to play for the Mariners in Seattle where Ben is from, and is now a New York Yankee (who Ben hates)” said www.brooklynvegan.com.
– New Music: Ben Gibbard – “Ichiro’s Theme” from consequenceofsound.net
Lots of posts about Katy Perry. It’s been trending a lot lately.
– Kristen Stewart, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry And More Read Hateful Tweets About Themselves On ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ – “Justin Bieber, Zooey Deschanel, Kristen Stewart, Katy Perry and Snooki are among those who get a lion’s share of Sulfuric acid tossed their way through social media, mostly because they just aren’t some people’s cup of tea” – said newsroom.mtv.com
– Hilarious! Katy Perry, Snooki, Danny McBride, Justin Bieber Face Their Hate Tweets (Video) – www.missinfo.tv
– Watch Katy Perry and Justin Bieber read mean Tweets about themselves – blog.muchmusic.com
I’m sure you have an opinion on Mariah Carey – who doesn’t, right?
– Why Mariah Carey Will Make Me Watch ‘American Idol’ For The First Time – “That all changed this afternoon (July 23) when it was announced that Mariah Carey was on board – for real this time, officially – to take up one of the seats at the judges’ table recently vacated by Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler … These days, I avoid it out of apathy – outside of the day-to-day business of still being one of the biggest shows on TV, something I cover professionally, I haven’t thought about “American Idol” as got-to entertainment in years” – said newsroom.mtv.com
– Buzz Bites (7/24/12): Mariah Carey Confirmed As ‘American Idol’ Judge – buzzworthy.mtv.com
– Mariah Carey scores an $18 million contract with American Idol – blog.muchmusic.com Check out what these bloggers have to say, and be ready for sparks to fly!
Be sure to check in next week for more links. If you didn’t see it here, it probably never happened!