The Net is a gigantic and strange place. Addicting, yes, but still filled with lots of people writing (and doing) ridiculous stuff. From the farthest, untouched, nether regions of the Net I bring you another links round-up that I’m sure will make you wonder, chuckle, or scratch your head in disbelief. Here’s our list:
First up on this occasion, it’s Usher (entertainer) Oh, yes, I figured you’d find that intriguing! Let us take a short look at what’s caught my eye in the week. See:
– Afghan Whigs, Usher, Palma Violets & More: Every Band I’ve Seen at SXSW, Part 3 from www.spinner.com
– Watch Usher Join Afghan Whigs At SXSW from stereogum.com
– Live Stream: Usher, Future, Trae Tha Truth & Special Guests at #FADERFORT #SXSW from www.missinfo.tv
Another hot topic that has been subject to a lot of debate is American Idol. “America didn’t believe enough in Curtis Finch Jr. The 24-year-old St Louis native was the first of the top 10 sent home on American Idol season 12 last night after failing to wow enough votes out of America with his rendition of Fantasia‘s “I Believe.”” said neonlimelight.com .
Now Waka Flocka Flame is just everywhere at the moment, and we are fairly certain you’d like to learn the details. The Gucci Mane & Waka Flocka Flame Beef Is Apparently On – “Gucci Mane and Waka Flocka Flame – friends, frequent collaborators for years, and partners in the 1017 Brick Squad crew – are apparently embarking on what could be a bitter feud” – said stereogum.com
And why don’t we end this week’s summary discussing Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots.
– SXSW 2013: Flaming Lips Play First-Ever All-‘Yoshimi’ Set, Ponder Fest’s Evolution – “Coyne also snarked that the crowd was “cooler than anyone else who couldn’t get into the show” — a sideways comment on a festival that has become as much about where you can get into as who you see there — but then the Flaming Lips proceeded to make us feel pretty damn cool by launching into a historic first-ever full-album performance Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, including some songs that had never been played live before” – said www.spinner.com
– The Flaming Lips played SXSW, performed ‘Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots’ in full for the first time ever (pics, video) – www.brooklynvegan.com
That’s all for now, but make sure you stay tuned to this website for the next round-up. Don’t miss it